Thursday, August 30, 2007

saying goodbye

last monday, while james was getting ready for work, julian went crawling into the room and sat down on the floor where he could see his daddy. for awhile julian just watched daddy move around the room when all of a sudden julian flapped his right arm waving bye-bye to his daddy. he knew that daddy will be going to work & that we'll be saying bye to daddy. julian & i always tried to make it a point to see james off to work. we give daddy huggies & especially kissies when he leaves. julian actually did the wave thing on the bus last sunday to an elderly couple on our way home from target but that was the first time ever that he ever did the waving to either me, james or his grandma. it was awfully cute & sweet at the same time when he did that.

it actually reminded me of the time around 2 and a half years back when i left our house, jumped on a plane to go here. it was one of the hardest things i ever had to do my entire life. saying goodbye to my family, friends & practically everything i grew up with for a life of uncertainty but at the same time endless new possibilities. i still miss my friends and most especially my family eventhough they're never really far away from me for i always have them here in my heart. i want to eventually go back but wherever james & julian are, that's where home is & always will be for me. our family needs to be & will be together. but i sure am looking forward to the time when my parents, siblings & their own families & OUR family will all be together again. here, there or wherever... it really doesn't matter :)

No comments: