Wednesday, July 23, 2008

lost pictures... lost memories?

one of our camera's memory card/s went berserk and just decided to let me reformat the thing before i was able to save the 6 months worth of pictures & memories at that in our laptop or even in a disk. i happened awhile back already but i'm still bummed as ever & i'm still hoping that maybe the guys at the real camera place like Ritz or something will be able to do something for me. some of the memories that were in there were when Julian & i went to the grove & to hollywood walk with my niece & nephew Christy & Jojo, our family going to the LA Zoo last april 11 with our friend Rob & his daughter Leilani ( I especially miss the pictures of Julian & Leilani where Julian wears the bucket where the food was placed as a hat while we were having our lunch), going to the cherry blossom festival in april held at little tokyo where julian colored a cool fish lantern, our Easter Sunday (march 23) pictures were there too - from our trip to the Carousel at the Griffith Park all the way to Julian enjoying his easter treats placed on the basket he made the day before (it was made from construction paper & he even scribbled his name on it), also there were the pictures from my trip with Julian to the Firestation in Sepulveda during their openhouse last May 10 -- pictures of him on firetrucks, him wearing a firerescuer's hat, atop bulldozers, helicopter, wave runner, & him with Sparky, there were the pictures of when James friend Ralphy stayed over for a visit, and of course, there were the pictures taken of me & James & of course our friends during Sean & Yvette's wedding last May 25. *Sigh* and as always, there were the random pictures i love taking of Julian while his playing, taking a bath or just whatever...





I have a number of pictures, 3 to be exact that luckily I was able to print before the thing with the memory card happened & our friend Rob was nice to send us some pictures from our Zoo trip. I know that lost pictures doesn't necessarily mean lost memories, I guess it's just the visual person & paparazzi in me that wants to capture as much as I can on film... to help me remember when my memory fails me. I still love taking pictures & I don't think I ever will get tired of trying to take snapshots of any event in our lives as much as I can, now though I try to make sure I upload it in the laptop & Sutterfly too right away & I'll be making back-ups in disks too soon... hahaha... & of course, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed & still hoping that those pictures are still there in the memory card somewhere just waiting to be retrieved! :)



No comments: